Automotive manufacturer Hyundai recently hired architecture and interior design firm IND Architects to design their new office in Moscow, Russia.
“The main design idea aims to avoid a monotonous and faceless open-plan office without any means of identification and to convey Hyundai‘s core identity features instead: caring, simple, creative. The central goal of the concept for the Hyundai Advance Design Studio is to provide a clearly recognizable allocation for the variety of requested working areas, constantly preserving overviews and visual connections between related functional areas. Besides, the spatial concept follows the permanent correlation between openness and privacy, between communication and concentration, supporting the flow of working processes and ideas.
A sequence of individual, connected areas characterizes the Design Studio as a homogeneous and clearly segmented functional space entity. The zoning of the total surface is achieved by implementing an artificial “landscape” into the existing space, composed of graded platforms combined with a modeled ceiling.
Interconnected zones of different levels and heights provide an exciting topography of functional areas, each of a clearly recognizable, different character and atmosphere. Accesses and space levels establish a coherent orientation within the studio. The positioning of grades and ramps does not only follow the optimization of the internal workflow, but also creates shortcuts, in order to shorten the distance of individual movements between all functional areas. Monochrome white color and the homogeneous materiality create a neutral space, emphasizing the visibility and presentation of the creative, colorful output of this department, ” said IND Architects.
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Date completed: February 2020
- Size: 48,437 square feet
- Design: IND Architects
- Photos: Dmitrii Tsyrenshchikov
- A Look Inside Content Bloom’s New Halifax Office
- A Look Inside Lighterman House’s New London Office
- A Look Inside Eurofides’ New Liège Office
- A Look Inside DisplayLink’s New Cambridge Office
- Inside International Pension Fund’s New London Office
- A Look Inside Vanderlande’s New Pune Office
- A Look Inside Impact Working’s New Bristol Office
- Inside Ness Technologies’ New Mumbai Office
- A Look Inside Robert Bird Group’s New Adelaide Office
- A Look Inside Global Investment Firm’s New London Office
- A Look Inside Manulife’s New Yangon Office
- A Look Inside Dharma Labs’ New San Francisco Office
- A Look Inside Hogan Lovells’ New Beijing Office
- A Look Inside Northern Trust’s New Chicago Office
- A Look Inside Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts’ London Office