Office suites provider Lighterman House recently hired workplace design firm Peldon Rose to design their new office in London, England.
“Located just around the corner from Kings Cross station and the new Google campus, Lighterman House is smart, aesthetically pleasing, and functional. The space is designed as ‘plug and play’, incorporating a variety of work areas encouraging activity-based working to the floors. Welcoming and open floor plates through smart redesign was a key driver for the client, creating maximum net internal area for potential tenants to occupy.
We redesigned the ground floor common area, functional breakout facilities, façade entry and common stairway with a standout street presence complemented with furniture and décor that was carefully selected and installed for ease of use. On the first and second floor we were able to retain the original concrete floors and polish adding some character to the space and provide a sense of authenticity.
To enhance wellbeing in the workplace, quiet zones were incorporated to the working floors cordoned off with curtains to allow employees of potential companies to have a moment of respite. A ground floor shower room was introduced for tenants to step into an inner-city oasis, creating a ‘Bali retreat’ look and feel.
We worked with Planteria to provide biophilia throughout, both plants and planter boxes were strategically positioned to soften the space providing character and warmth. Recycling points were installed across the floors so that the client could implement a landlord recycling scheme to ensure the building had a positive impact.
The redesign of the entry façade and tenant journey created a unique challenge. We endeavoured to create an entrance with more of a street presence that would not protrude or extend, whilst fitting in with the local surroundings and required local council approval.
Smart utilisation of the original concrete floor, through grinding and refinishing, offers a raw effect to the floor plate. We utilised the building windows and curtain walling to maximise the natural light exposure, which we further developed in the finishes and features within the design.” says Peldon Rose.
- Location: London, England
- Date completed: 2020
- Design: Peldon Rose
The post A Look Inside Lighterman House’s New London Office appeared first on Officelovin’.
- A Look Inside Global Investment Firm’s New London Office
- Inside International Pension Fund’s New London Office
- Inside Private Financial Services Firm’s London Office
- A Look Inside Bridgepoint’s Modern London Office
- A Look Inside DisplayLink’s New Cambridge Office
- A Look Inside Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts’ London Office
- A Look Inside Dharma Labs’ New San Francisco Office
- A Look Inside Vanderlande’s New Pune Office
- A Look Inside Content Bloom’s New Halifax Office
- A Look Inside Eurofides’ New Liège Office
- Inside Ness Technologies’ New Mumbai Office
- A Look Inside Robert Bird Group’s New Adelaide Office
- A Look Inside Hyundai’s New Moscow Office
- A Look Inside Hogan Lovells’ New Beijing Office
- A Look Inside Manulife’s New Yangon Office