A team of architects and designers from architecture firm FMD Architects designed a new office for private law firm in Melbourne, Australia.
“Nestled within the busy urban landscape, QC Chambers operates as a quiet space of contemplation for a QC within the Melbourne CBD. Functioning as a workplace and meeting place, it is also a space to contemplate, a moment of respite from the daily happenings of the court – an opportunity to recharge and think ahead of the next case.
The Chambers pivot around an artwork, Plate Glass 2, by Melbourne artist Sam Shmith. The urban train scene expressed, reinterprets the views out to the skyline beyond. Black tones throughout the space and lighting by Christopher Boots continue the dialogue with the artwork, offering shifting perspectives of the art, the chambers, and the city itself. A space which provides ongoing contemplation and inspiration.
Tasmanian Oak veneer joinery mimics the city skyline and extends from the deep green carpet, counterbalancing the dark tones, and housing the necessities of the working chambers. A meeting table in the centre of the room greets guests, while a Churchill inspired standing desk on the far wall grants opportunities to work throughout the chambers. QC Chambers reinterprets the traditional urban life of a barrister, expressing it in a contemporary way,” says FMD Architects.
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Date completed: 2020
- Design: FMD Architects
- Photos: Tatjana Plitt
The post A Look Inside Private Law Firm Offices in Melbourne appeared first on Officelovin’.
- A Tour Private Company Offices in London’s 70 St Mary Axe
- Inside Private Financial Services Firm’s London Office
- A Tour of Private Financial Company Office in Brisbane
- A Look Inside Global Investment Firm’s New London Office
- A Look Inside Content Bloom’s New Halifax Office
- A Tour of Oracle’s Office / Lab in Chicago
- A Look Inside Dharma Labs’ New San Francisco Office
- A Look Inside Robert Bird Group’s New Adelaide Office
- A Look Inside DisplayLink’s New Cambridge Office
- A Look Inside Hyundai’s New Moscow Office
- A Peek Inside NRP Group’s Minimalist NYC Office
- A Look Inside Bridgepoint’s Modern London Office
- A Look Inside Impact Working’s New Bristol Office
- Inside Ness Technologies’ New Mumbai Office
- A Look Inside Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts’ London Office