Technology company Oracle recently hired architecture and interior design firm Nelson Worldwide to design their new innovation lab in Chicago, Illinois.
“Created by NELSON Worldwide, the lab pushes boundaries in technology, innovation, and design while setting a new standard for the way products and services are displayed to potential customers. This state-of-the-art facility is fully equipped with more technology and tools than a team could dream of using during a single project, including more than 13 different technology platforms that Oracle applied while building the Innovation Lab.
Oracle’s approach combines the pragmatic with the aspirational. Instead of looking ahead over the next five or 10 years, they believe the future is now. Their space provides immersive experiences to demonstrate that, when working in partnership, Oracle and their collaborators can create much more than the sum of their technological parts. What has emerged is a playground for the construction industry that is helping to build and enhance relationships. At the same time, it is continually expanding the construction industry while testing new ideas and bringing them to market. Designed to work off the grid, the space incorporates photovoltaic panels with a SolarEdge inverter system and Tesla Powerwall for battery backup. Within the contemporary and stunning structure, the work that takes place is expected to advance how they build well into the future. Construction of the facility was carried out by Pepper Construction and lighting was made possible by Brinjac Lighting Studio,” says Nelson Worldwide.
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Date completed: 2020
- Design: Nelson Worldwide
- Photos: AJ Brown
- A Tour of Private Financial Company Office in Brisbane
- A Look Inside Northern Trust’s New Chicago Office
- A Tour Private Company Offices in London’s 70 St Mary Axe
- A Tour of Maison’s Industrial-Style Shanghai Office
- A Look Inside Private Law Firm Offices in Melbourne
- A Look Inside Eurofides’ New Liège Office
- A Look Inside Global Investment Firm’s New London Office
- Inside International Pension Fund’s New London Office
- A Look Inside Dharma Labs’ New San Francisco Office
- A Look Inside Robert Bird Group’s New Adelaide Office
- A Look Inside DisplayLink’s New Cambridge Office
- A Look Inside Content Bloom’s New Halifax Office
- A Look Inside Manulife’s New Yangon Office
- Inside Private Financial Services Firm’s London Office
- A Peek Inside NRP Group’s Minimalist NYC Office